Fees and refunds

A hand showing a card being given to another hand


The Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), the Greater London Authority and the Mayor of London, subsidise our courses.  There are 3 fee types for most courses.

Fee types

1. Concessionary fee 

You may be eligible for a concessionary fee if:

  • you are a UK citizen OR
  • you have permission to live in the UK for at least 12 months from the start of your course
  • AND you are in receipt of one of the following benefits:
    - Universal Credit (UC)
    - Job Seekers Allowance (JSA)
    - Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
    - Housing Benefit (HB)
    - Council Tax Benefit (not single occupancy)
    - Working Tax Credit (WTC)
    - Income Support (IS)
    - Pension Credit (PC)
    - Disability Living Allowance (DLA)
    - Personal Independence Payment(PIP)

2. Standard fee

You may be eligible for a standard fee if

  • you are a UK citizen or 
  • you have permission to live in the UK for at least 12 months from the start of their course

3. Full fee

If you are not eligible for a concessionary or standard fee, then you may have to pay the full fee.

Courses with zero cost

For some accredited courses look out for £0 - it means the course is free. 

Accredited course

If you earn less than £25,300.60 gross per year (resident in London) or £20,319.00 gross per year (resident outside of London, but resident in England), annually (gross salary), then a discretionary decision may be made to have fees waived for some accredited courses. Please bring your last three payslips with you then you come in to enrol.

Proof of entitlement must be current and must be dated no more than three months before the date of enrolment.

If you are under 19

Our courses leading to qualifications are designed for adults and we receive no funding for under 19s. If you are under 19 and interested in doing a course please contact us for further information.

Exam fees and equipment

For most qualification courses the exam fee and basic equipment are included in the published fee. Please ask at interview.


We accept the following payment methods:

  • Debit / Credit cards online or by phone - We accept all Visa and MasterCard debit and credit cards.  We are unable to accept Amex (American Express). You can make your payment over the phone or online if you are paying the standard fee. Please call us on 020 8753 3600, if you are paying the concession or full fee.


Students who are enrolling on a year-long course can apply to pay in instalments. Please ask about this at your interview.

Invoicing your employer

We can invoice your employer for course fees. You must show written proof, on letter headed paper, that your employer agrees to pay and an additional fee of £30 is charged for administration.


A full or partial refund of your course fee will only be made when:

  1. We close, merge or reschedule your course and you cannot get to the alternative.
  2. There is a medical reason supported by a certificate or doctor’s letter.

An administrative charge of £12 will be made for this refund.  We do not provide refunds where individual sessions have to be cancelled, but will make every effort to offer an alternative session.

  • We will require the original card used in order to provide a refund. If you do not have the original card, please let us know when you request a refund. 
  • Please allow up to 10 working days for to receive your refund. During busy periods, for example the first 2 weeks of term, it may be a little longer. 


If you have been given credit, please use it within the academic year unless you have been advised otherwise.